Creative and feedback pool for those who love to build worlds with words, pictures, music, etc.

• Reply to topic

Ready, set, GO!!!

JAK
Admin
Admin

Ready, set, GO!!!

Post  JAK on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:28 am

"So a guy walks into a bar..." Luke says as he bumps into the bar. Gary knows the drill. Every bartender in a 15 mile radius of 42nd and Elm knows that when Luke starts in with the cheesy bar jokes, it's time to cut him off. "and the bar says...why the long face?" he says. Luke's pretty sharp, even stumbling drunk. He picks up right away. The sullen expression lasted only a second. Then, making his best horse face, he says "The better to be seen with you, my dear." A slight pause for effect, then "And with that...I bid you and the Rusty Pony adieu. " He made a wobbly spin on his heel and shambled to the door. Gary waited for it. There had to be one last quip at the door. "If you need me, you know where I'll be. At home! Washing my tights!"

-
K-Nine
Admin
Admin

Re: Ready, set, GO!!!

Post  K-Nine on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Luke chooses to sleep off his latest battle with his evil arch enmey malt liquir in the same place he does every time he loses a fight, at home next to his toilet. As the morning sun come through the window Luke finds himself praying at the feet of his shower. It is not the cold floor or the sun in his eyes that finally get Luke to crawl from his bathroom out in to his bedroom, but the sound of his computer yelling at him. "Get up you lazy drunk, up,up,up, get your sorry back side out of bed." By the time He reaches his bed Luke finds his footing. He stumbles over to his computer and the face of Max is filling the screen. "What do you want, you know this is no way to treat a wizard of my standing right." Luke is not anger his head hurts to much for that. "Well for starters most wizards of your standing do not go out and get blind stinking drunk." Luke smiles back at Max "That is only because they can't hold there booze." Max takes her finger and places it one the screen. A small shot of power archs out of the computer and strikes Luke in the face. It doesn't hurt him, but without warning he loses all his liquir...the hard way. "Get over here now!" The screen goes black and Luke falls back on his bed.
Rahkn
Admin
Admin

Post  Rahkn on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Luke sighs a long sigh as he lays on his bed. The drinking and hangover making his mind blank, just the way he wants it. To say that Luke was the typical, depressed man who drinks to forget is an understatement. Many believe it is the only time that anyone ever sees him smile during the course of the day. Especially after June 5, 1999. That day is the reason that Luke spends his royalties everyday at any bar he happenes to stumble into. The reason he stopped working for Big Games Inc. as a software coding writer. The reason now that he lives in the basement of his sister's house. The terrible tragedy that plagued his exsistance everyday for 13 years.
JAK
Admin
Admin

Post  JAK on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:00 pm

He shakes his head to dislodge the thought. Instant regret. New founts of pain surge through his head and his stomach lurches in sympathy. Groaning, he gets up and heads for the closet. Max said now. "Well, I guess I'll see you later." he says to the new puddle. Hopefully, he would remember to clean that up before laying down in it this time.

"Okay. What's so important that you have to interrupt my beauty sleep?" Luke says as he emerges from Max's closet.
K-Nine
Admin
Admin

Post  K-Nine on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:56 pm

"I need you to dive." Max doesn't jump as Luke walks out of the closet, she only turns to look at him. I little let down by her lack of suprise he sits on the small couch next to her desk. "What happened now?" "We don't know but it is something that our system wizards can't handle." Max hands him a dive pad and continues to tap away at her keyboard. Luke looks through the codeing that is being used in the hack. "Is this real time?" "Yeah, so what do you think?" "I think this has to be Saul, or is he still going by Blanco Draco.?" they both smile, but a smile that is mixed with a pain of a memory long ago. "It looks like he is after the sword of songs, that should still be in the forest south of the flying islands." Luke stand behind Max as she reads through three screens of game code. "Wait there!" Luke taps the right screen and stops the strolling code. "See that ware the code shifts to the left that is the virus, Get your in game wizards to destroy that and kicking The White Dragon out Should be a peice of cake." Luke turns and opens the door to Max's closet he has one foot through the door when Max grabs him. "Where do you think your going we need you to go in and take the virus out." Luke turns his head back to face Max. "You know I can't do that, I can't even play the games much less get my wizard license recoded." "Stupid, you don't have to I took care of that before I called you." Max grabs the dive pad off the couch and starts to move Icons around and brings up old report from the last five weeks, she hands the pad back to Luke. "Take a look this is not the first time this virus and hacker have broken into the game, I think that the same guy or White Dragon has been tring to, well I don't know his end game. what I do know is that you are the only wizard that can stop Saul." Luke looks over the reports everyone in a diffrent realm but all with one thing in common. "I think I know what he is after." Luke pulls Max away from her desk and types in a long password that Max has never seen. As soon as he hits enter all three screens go black. "Crap, I can't do it from here." "What can't you.." Luke cuts her off "You said you took care of my wizard code can you take my to Big Games so I can dive?" "You don't need to go to Big Games, after I had the kids Lucas let me have a dive chair." Max opens the door to another room, in the middle of the room is a large recliner that is glowing with power. "You won't have the kind of access you had, but I got you a level 12 license to code." I real smile streches across the face of Luke for the first time in over ten years. "Sweet, lets dive."
Rahkn
Admin
Admin

Post  Rahkn on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 am

"Please wait while I adjust the temporal/time shift settings on the device. Do NOT forget that you will only be able to patch the system. You do not have the clearance to make any changes. White Dragon has effectively taken the administration access from all coders from Big Games. The game world is all in his hands. But, remember," Max stops typing to turn and look at Luke, "he cannot do anything outside the established parameters of the system, which means he essentially cannot die within the game. You'll have to pull him out." Luke puts his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay. Yeesh. Find the guy and pull him out. That's all I've got to do." Max shook her head and turned her attention back to inputting the location code into the dive chair. "By the way, do you know why Sa...White Dragon is doing this?" "Revenge?" Max turns to Luke again. "Lucky guess?" Luke just shrugs. "Well," Max continues, "you remember the game he was working on before...you know." Luke nods his head. "Do you remember what it was called?" Luke had to think for a moment. "Sacred Garden?" "That's right. Well, the lovely president over at Big Games, Steven Gobbs, found the unfinished copy of Sacred Garden after White Dragon had left and started to redo the programming to update it to the new system and essentially started to finish where it was left off. White Dragon found out and tried to stop Steve from continuing with the game, but Steve just blew him off and told him that he didn't have the rights to the game. Why do you think that now White Dragon is hacking into the game?" The look of realization across Luke's face gave Max all the answers she needed. "You see why we need you? You're the only one who can rival the White Dragon." Luke didn't like what he was hearing. White Dragon was always one step better than Luke, but they were best friends and it didn't matter much. Now, he was ten steps ahead and after the incident, their relationship became a lot more complicated. His thoughts are interrupted by Max. "Are you ready?" Luke stands up and walks over to the dive device and sits in it. "Ready as I'll ever be." Max puts a pad in front of Luke's face. "Put your right thumb print on the square." Luke complies with the request, rolling his eyes as he does. It is a typical procedure for diving. "I am bringing up the power levels now." Luke couldn't resist. "Beam me up, Scotty." Max turns to Luke and gives him "the look." "Really? If you weren't surrounded by the portal field, I'd slap you for that." The field of blue that surrounded Luke got brighter and brighter and then it collapsed around Luke and sent him into the game. "Good luck, Luke." said Max as she powered off her console.
JAK
Admin
Admin

Post  JAK on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 am

The portal sequence finishes with a werwerwer and the colleidoscope of colors fades from his vision. Luke drops about a quarter of an inch to the top of a cool gray marble dais. The misalignment of spacial quardinants is noticable, but intentional. It is, of course, well within the control of the programmers to spawn you so seamlessly that you don't feel a thing, but then where would the fun in that be? Besides, user input has shown that people prefer if this way. Looking around, Luke sees that he's in the Temple of the Orbrune. A dozen other marble daises line the front of what would otherwise be a throneroom. He smiles to himself. Max had dropped him in one of his favorite spawning points. Very cool. The twilit room is empty save him, but the cool blue shaft of light that shone on the dais makes it hard to see far. He takes in a deep breath. The smell of age and power filling his nostrils and the taste of rock dust on his tounge finishes the initial round of testing. Man's five senses are all accounted for and seem to be uneffected. "Every time..." he says, stepping down and starting for the giant, arched double doors leading out into the realm of Druidia. Every time he spawns, he can't help but marvel at how it's possible to fire off all of the senses so precisely usig just written information. He shakes his head. "Geek out later, Luke. It's game time."

Ordinarily, a player has to travel about the realm in the classic, logical, physics-bound way...walk. Luke, however, is a Wizard. And as such has few limitations. Being the watchdogs and keepers of order within the game require it. There are a lot of hackers out there these days, and it's just impossible to completely secure the game code. After several minutes of walking, Luke finds an open window and jumps out. This has got to be one of the greatest things about being a wizard. He lets himself fall about ten stories or so before focusing and crack! the air snaps in shock as he is suddenly flying at mach 2 over an arid plateau. He feels a surge power and inspiration as he begins to remember all completely awesome things he can do.

Fifteen minutes later, he lands in a small grove deep in the forest of Nane where the Sword of Songs is hidden. At least it was last he knew. He looks around, slowly turning in a complete circle. No movement. None. Something is out there. He calls out "I am the Wizard of Evermoore! I come in the name of Justice and Twinkies!" He reaches into the bag at his side and pulls out a fresh Twinkie. Holding it above his head, he says "Yours for a price!" A low russle from behind him is all the warning he gets. He turns around and meets the hulking body of a grass troll shaman. The beady eyes looking down at him showed annoyance and expectation.

"Twinkie?" it says.

"Yup. My toy?"

"Still here. Safe."

The troll remembers the protocol. That was one of the reasons Luke had chosen him. Grass trolls were big, strong, antisocial...and smart. "Good. Thanks, Ned." The troll snaches the Twinkie and disappears into the grass. It's a very cool thing to watch.

So, the sword is still here. Good. Time to investigate that virus Max showed him.
K-Nine
Admin
Admin

Post  K-Nine on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Luke works his way through the brush off the path that players most follow. He comes to a clearing; it is a waypoint for the game sprites. In the clearing is the sprite of a small child, he has a cowboy hat on and his clothing is covered in dust. He has his hands over his face and looks like he is breathing fast. “What the heck are you doing here?” The small boy looks up his face has a smile but his eyes have the buggy look of someone terrified to the outside most reason. “I, I, I…” The boy stops his whole body blinks and he starts again. “I welcome..MUST GET AWAY…to the land of the wild…IT IS A DEMON…west here you can…RUN FOR IT AS FAR AS YOU CAN…become a cowboy, outlaw…I DON’T WANT TO DIE…the town sheriff or just… FELL IN A HOLE IN THE MIDDLE…make friends. The world is…DON’T KNOW WHERE … what you make of it…I AM.” The boy stops unable to fight his program. Luke is taken back the sprite is from the west world he shouldn’t be able to get here. The damage that Saul and his virus are doing is breaking down the world codes that keep the realms from over lapping.
Luke takes a twinkie out from his pouch and digs out the cream filling. The boy is holding his head and blinking in and out. Luke steps behind him and when he blinks out jams the twinkie into the kids head. At once the kid stops and looks up at Luke. “What did you do?” “Oh that I just mutated a little of your code and up graded your AI. “ He pushes the boy to the side and bends down to the waypoint. A small ring pops up and Luke pulls on it. On the ring is a line of code, it is the command protocols for the teleportation network . It is just as corrupted as the kid was. Luke takes the cream filling from the twinkie and rubs it up and down the code. He lets the ring land back into its place. “OK let’s try this again what are you doing here kid. The boy takes a deep breath, it is amazing to Luke how life like he has made the boy all by a simple upgrade.
“I was at the entrance to west world just like I have been sense forever. Then there has a dark cloud that came over the down, there has never been dark cloud even at night. Oh and don’t call me kid what ever happened to me has compressed my code and made me this small. Any way my program became violated and I started to run. The last thing I saw was a white demon with huge wings came down out of the dark cloud.” The boy stopped talking; Luke can’t understand what Saul could want with the west world realm. The tolkein realm he helped make but west world has nothing to do with him. Luke pulls a map from his pocket and unfolds it. From his pouch he pulls out a metal podium and sets the map on it, he pushes the map flat then rips it in half. The face of Max is in place of were the map had been, she is picking her nose with her pinky. “Nice, I think you missed one.” Max jumps; that fact will make whatever she does to him when he gets back worth it. “He isn’t he any more I need to get into west world, can you make it happen?” “Yeah” Max’s face a shade of red that Luke doubted he could recreate in the game. “Wait why is he in west world?” “I have no idea but I plan to ask.” The waypoint glows and Luke can see the outline of the main street come into focus. Even from this side he can see the dark cloud over the landscape. As they walk up to the waypoint he looks down at the boy. “And this is how the west was won.” And steps through.
Rahkn
Admin
Admin

Post  Rahkn on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 am

It only takes a second for the greenery and the land around him to disappear and only a second more for the gray and black ground to appear around his feet. The waypoint lands him in the middle of a graveyard, but that isn't what is causeing the dark hues that are meeting his eyes. The dark cloud that is enveloping this world was blocking most of the sunlight. Except for the lonely tree, the graveyard was empty of any signs of life. "Creepy..." Luke mutters to himself. He looks up at the omnious presence of the dark cloud and shudders. How am I going to get rid of this thing? Luke sighs in frustration and takes a few steps toward the exit of the graveyard. "It appeared three days ago." Luke jumps from the sudden voice and quickly whirls around. The kid, whom he just met back in the forest, is now behind him. Luke gasps for air as he tries to calm down. "Don't scare me like that kid!" Luke says as he pats the kid on the head. The kids shoves his hand away. "I am NOT a kid." Luke shrugs his shoulders. "Whatever..." Then a sudden thought come to him, "What is your name kid?" The kid looks up at him and sticks out his hand. "Jed," he says with a scowl, "Jed Stuart." Luke takes the kid's hand and shakes it. "My name's Luke." From the handshake, Luke could tell that it is firm, but the grip is a little weak. After the hindshake, he notices a gun on the hip of the kid. "That's a pretty big toy for a little kid to have." "I AM NOT A LITTLE K..." Jed is interrupted by the roar of a creature. Luke looks around for the source while Jed starts to panic. "IT'S A DEMON!!!" he yells as he points at the exit. Luke whirls around to see a monster from Sacred Garden standing in the archway entrance to the graveyard. It's only a low level monster. Luke turns to Jed and says "Shoot it, Jed." The kid looks up at him, trembling from fear, "I can't shoot it. Our guns don't work on them." Luke suddenly realizes that the system's parameters have changed and tries a different approach. "I'll shoot it with a fireball so stay behind me." Luke concentrates on his spell and sticks out his palm toward the monster. "FIREBALL!!!!" he shouts, but nothing happenes. Luke panics as the monster suddenly rushes at the pair. "Back through the waypoint, HURRY!!!" Luke shoves Jed through the waypoint, then hops through himself as the monster pounces on the spot they were standing. The forest once again greets the pair as they stumble into the grass. Luke grabs the pedistal and throws it onto the ground in anger and frustration, but the pedistal just unfolds and sets up the screen. "MAX!!!" Luke yells. "What is the matter with you?!?" Max yells back, clearly frustrated by the sudden, rude greeting. "Why don't my wizarding skills work in West World?" Max looks at Luke in disbelief in his own stupidity. "You don't have any clearance in West World, that's why." Luke stops what he is doing and blushes hard. "Oh, yeah," he says sheepishly. Max sighs and shakes her head, "Did you find anything out in West World?" Luke responds with his own head shaking, "No, just like what Jed here said. A big, dark, omnious cloud is hanging over the world there, essentially blocking all of the light from the sun. Oh, and get this, a monster from Sacred Garden attacked us before we came back here." Max wrinkles her nose as she usually does when she is thinking. "What could he possibly gain from attacking West World?" Luke struggles to find an answer for a moment when he suddenly has an epiphany. "Isn't West World an FPS?" Jed, who was silent due to shock, quips in, "What is an FPS?" Luke doesn't even look up to address him. "FPS stands for First Person Shooter. It is a type of game." Max is clearly confused by the question, "Well, yes, it is, but what does that have to do with anything?" Luke smirks as he continues, "Sacred Garden is an RPG while West World is a FPS so the requirements for the two games are completely different." Max nods an agreement and Jed just looks quizzical as this is all information above his head. "Sacred Garden only requires user software to hold sprites and technical data. All other information like towns and enemies are stored on the server which means that the user only inputs their character data into the world." Max is still confused, but continues to follow along. "Right..." Luke continues, "West World is a FPS which means that the world data is processed from the users standpoint and the characters stats are saved on our servers which leaves room for the virus to attack more people and consoles through the map system." Max's face brightens up as she realizes what Luke was explaining. "This means that he can spread himself farther and faster and we wouldn't be able to keep up." Luke smiles and nods his head. "That's right. His goal would be reached faster if he has been able to build a new map and attach a virus onto it." Luke looks up at Jed. Jed, not listening to Luke's conversation anymore, is kicking small pebbles around the clearing. "Hey, Jed!" Luke calls out to the kid. Jed stops kicking another pebble to look in Luke's direction. "Are there any new towns in West World?" Jed rubs his chin with his left hand as he ponders about rumors of any new towns. "Not that I can think of..." Luke ignores the rest of Jed's thoughts and focuses back on Max. "Looks like we have some time. Get me my wizarding clearance for West World. I think the parameters of West World were changed to an RPG and that confused the NPCs (Non Playable Characters) from defending themselves." Max's fingers fly across the terminals as she is getting the clearance Luke needs. "Hey Jed, come here." The boy walks casually over to Luke. "Yeah, whatcha need?" Luke whirls the boy around and pulls his code out. "Hey!" exclaims Jed in surprise, "What are you doing? STOP! That tickles." Luke quickly scribbles new coding on the boy's programming. "Alright, I gave you new...uh, ways to deal with those 'demons' that are attacking your world." Luke shoves the coding back into Jed's body. The boy tests his body out, but looks back at Luke disappointed. "I don't feel any different." Luke shakes his head. "It is not a physical strength that I gave you." "What do you mean?" the boy probes. Luke just shrugs his shoulders and walks back to the podium. "Max, are you done yet?" "Just about finished..." she says as her fingers move wildly across her left console, "There, done. If you have any problems, just contact me, okay?" "Sure," Luke replies as he salutes the screen. Max sticks her tongue out at him as Luke folds the podium back up and sticks it back into his pouch. "Time to go back kid." Luke says as he moves in front of the waypoint and extends his hand to Jed. Jed walks over and grabs Luke's hand while muttering to himself, "I am not a kid," before they once again leave for West World.

Last edited by Rahkn on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
JAK
Admin
Admin

Post  JAK on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:08 am

Once back West World, Luke and Jed start immediately for the cemetary gate. It seems the beast that had attacked them only a moment ago is now gone. Probably not too far though. Best to keep an eye out. Huh! "Keeping an eye out" is about to be an understatement. It only takes a few minutes to get back to town. Cutting through an alley to get to the main street, Luke pulls Jed up shourt. "Okay, look. I gotta take care of some stuff, and I'll be able to get it done faster on my own. If any more...uh...demons...show up, I need you take care of 'em."

"But but bu-" Jed stammers.

Luke cuts him off "You can do it."

"HOW?!"

Walking back behind the building, Luke calls back over his shoulder. "Trust me. You can to it. You're a Hero now... "JED THE INVINCIBLE" His voice echoes and thunder and trumpets sound at the words.

At the announcement, Jed immediately feels it. A level up. It must be a big one too. He's beginning to feel like he's glowing. He turns to tell Luke thanks and ask what he could now do, but Luke
is gone. He called me Jed, the Invincible. Realization dawns on him and his breath catches. I'm a HERO!!! He runs out in the main street. He's got to tell somebody about this.

Smiling to himself at the cuteness of Jed's reaction, Luke rounds the corner and stops behind one of the taller buildings. He jumps up to the roof and walks to the front to survey what he can see of the town. He's not very familiar with West World as he has spent the majority of his career working on more detail heavy games. Shooters are a lot of fun to play, but not particularly interesting to write. He looks down and sees Jed running off to the right. Typical. Can't just do what he's told. Gotta go show off first. That's okay though. His time will come.

He looks down the street to the left. A large dust cloud is approaching the town. Just as he had suspected. The beast from the cemetary is not alone. There'll be a hot time in the ol' town tonight. [crack] Luke takes off in the direction of the cloud. He knows Jed will be able to handle it. He gave the kid more than he could possibly dream. He's gonna be a Legend after this day. Luke's own task is much larger though. Seek and destroy the White Dragon. The sooner the better. It's already gonna take the other wizards a long time to clean up this mess. As he flies over the large herd of randomly assorted creatures that are causing the dust cloud, Luke drops a haduken right into the mid- He wakes up in the middle of a cobblestone square. Sitting up and gathering himself, he takes in his surroundings. "Wha-? Paris? Oh, man..."
K-Nine
Admin
Admin

Post  K-Nine on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:34 am

Luke roles over and on to his back and looks up at the sky. To his left was Paris, to his right was Egypt.
“Oh no!” Luke knows where he is the only question is how he got to the Sunrise lands. The Sunrise Lands is the home of the R.T.S.L.S. (Real Time Second Life Simulator) There was no action here no violence so for the most part boring. It is the place that people come to buy goods for the other games a kind of loading zone for all the realms.
“Well it’s about time you rebooted.” Luke sits up to see Saul sitting on a small park bench over-looking a huge open field a few bird sprites fly over and hop along the ground.
“Saul, what are you doing man.” Saul just smiles his face twisted and recoded so it is a larger smile than should be humanly possible. He holds that smile for a long time. He stands and the birds at his feet fly off and land on a branch a few feet away.
“Do you know what this is?” For the first time Luke can see what Saul is wearing it is his old wizards cloths but there is a glow to them a power that makes them shine like new silver in the rankings at Big Games the color would mean that he was only one level away from the master control. The Master wizard could go into and change anything, do anything, or rewrite and blend in every realm/every game. All this Luke could see just from his clothing but it was the thing in his hands that Saul wanted Luke to see. It was the thing that gave Saul his glow.
“Is that the dive code?” Saul lets the glowing string of code hang from his hands.
“It is smaller then I remember, do you remember Luke. Do you remember when we wrote this code, I can see you in it.” Saul walks over to Luke how is getting on to his feet. Luke’s eyes are wide the dive code should not be something anybody, even Master Wizard should not be able to get at it by himself.
“What are you planning Saul, what is the point. Are you doing this for revenge, is all this chaos because of what happened, is this about Sacred Garden?” Saul walks past Luke one hand still rubbing the code. He turns his head to so he is speaking right at Luke’s ear.
“Revenge; do you really think so little of me? No this is far more then revenge. But yes Sacred Garden has a lot to do with why. At first I was going to bring it all down around Gobs’s head, destroy “His Dream” but all that has changed know. I will be the Lord of my kingdoms every game will be mine”
“I will stop you.” Luke turns to face Saul, Luke can feel a fire in him. This fire is something he has not felt in a long time something he thought lost forever.
“You will try.” It was not a dare or a threat Saul just let the words fall as if the outcome had been long decided. Saul puts his arm around Luke’s shoulds and they start to walk.
“Luke don’t you get it with this code I am more than any wizard there is only one choice, work for me. My kingdoms will need leaders and wizards of their own. Look here this will show you what I am talking about.”
Saul lets go of the code and it fades away and is gone, then he picks up one of the small birds and holds it in his hands.
“You see this sprite,
“Yeah”
“What can you do to it.” I can change the color how fast it can fly how high and what kind of bird it is, You know that it is one of the first Wizards rules.”
“Yes that is what I wanted the rules that we wizards work by. We can do a lot to this bird but it will always be a bird even the master would have to delete it and have a writer put in a new sprite. This is what I can do.” The bird shakes out it’s wings. Than it starts to pixelate the tiny blocks move and shake then reload. In Saul’s hand sites a small Minotaur.
“You should not have this level of control.”
“So you will not help me, how sad. Ok have it your way.” With one hand Saul throws Luke into the open field just after him he throws the Minotaur.
“I will not give you another chance, I have things to do other realms to take over. I don’t need you messing things up for me.” Saul lifts his hands up over his head and the Minotaur starts to grow. As he grows walls start to rise up out of the ground and in seconds Luke finds himself in a labyrinth. The sound of a growl comes from every side and Luke starts to run. He stops at a small open area with three paths to choice from.
Rahkn
Admin
Admin

Post  Rahkn on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:50 am

Luke's breathing gets more and more shallow as the walls get higher and higher. Saul attacked one of Luke's weaknesses: claustrophobia. The maze walls have now completely trapped Luke inside its grip and panic is starting to make it impossible for Luke to move. "Oh, Lord..." Luke says between gasps, "...Saul..." Immediately, evil laughter echos off of the walls as a floating image of Saul's head appears in front of Luke. "I knew that you would call upon me soon." the head cackles. Luke, momentarily forgetting his phobia, facepalms. Lord Saul, huh? "I see that you are trapped here with three choices. You know how much I love multiple choice options. One option will get you out of the maze. Another option will let you have access to your terminal. The last is a 'Dead' end. So, choose wisely." and the figure starts cackling again. "You son of a..." Luke begins to say. "Oh, I almost forgot," interrupts the head, "You have one minute before the minotaur will come after you. He has quite a nose on him, yes he does, and follow your trail, he will, and when he finds you...well, I'll leave out the details as you'll find out soon. Ta ta!" and the head disappears. Villainous creature, have at thee. as Luke shakes his fist at where the head used to be. A roar from the minotaur brings Luke back to reality, and more shallow breathing. C'mon legs, MOVE!!! Luke forces himself to stand up. There are pathways to the left, right and straight ahead. Luke looks between his choices and panics, unable to make a decision. In his panic, the walls begin to look like they are pressing in upon him and his chest is tightening up more, causing Luke to get dizzy. Stumbling, Luke loses his balance and falls, catching himself with his right hand. This stirs something in Luke's mind. I'm right handed! Luke shouts in his head, and if I remember correctly, Luke turns his attention to the openings in the maze, Saul's left handed and... Luke moves in front of the path that leads straight ahead, Jules (pronounced JEWELS) was ambidextrous. Luke shakes his head to try and clear off his phobia and runs through the opening. The walls didn't even try to divert his path. The maze was like a one way street as he continued toward his goal, whatever it may be. Suddenly, a buzzer sounded and Luke's heart sank. He knew that the beast was now upon him and without his powers, he was going to get caught. Faster and faster, Luke ran, making his way toward the end. He was always thinking that the beast was upon him and in an effort to not slow down and fear's sake, he never looked back. He didn't have to as the thundering of the beast's footsteps kept getting louder and louder every second and every step that Luke made. I just have to reach the end. Luke kept running, sweat pouring off of him, his legs screaming at him to stop, and his chest hurting with every breath, panicing and fearing the beast on his tail. Luke rounded a corner and came face to face with the ending he didn't want, the "Dead" end. Luke fell to his knees and frantically searched for a terminal or portal out of the maze, fear gripping his mind in a blind panic, when the thundering stopped. The silence was only broken by the sound of the heavy breathing of the minotaur and the beating of Luke's heart. Luke turned to see the minotaur standing at the place where Luke had just come from, holing his axe in his right hand. All they were doing was staring at each other, not moving for quite a while. Well, I guess this is the end... Luke began to resign to his fate. The minotaur suddenly raised his axe and swung it right where Luke was. Luke jumped back, slamming against the back of the "Dead" end. The minotaur picked up his axe and moved closer, its girth effectively blocking any chance of escape. I'm sorry, Max, Luke began to weap, and I'm sorry Jules. Looks like I couldn't keep my promises to both of you. Luke covered his eyes with his arms as the beast swung his axe once more.

*SLAP* Luke is rudely awakened by a slap to his face. He jumps quickly to a sitting position and finds himself in a bed. Looking quickly around, the decor looks western and old. On the left side of the bed, Jed is sitting there. He has grown a bit since the last time he saw him. Luke was glad to be alive and to see a friend at least. Luke's mood quickly turns from happy to confused as he remembers being in a different game than West World. "What happened to me and why am I here?" Luke asks Jed.
JAK
Admin
Admin

Post  JAK on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:01 am

Jed give a little shrug. "Not sure, really." He hands Luke a wash bowl and a hand towel. Luke accepts them, slowly realizing what they're for. "I went to round up a possie of demon hunters, but nobody had the guts to fight. You know, I gotta thank you for what you did for me. If you hadn't done... whatever it was you did, I don't think we would've stood a snowball's chance in hell a'fight'n them things off." He looks deep into Luke's eyes. Gratitude. Solid gratitude. It's amazing how well this AI is able to emote.Wow. I'm gonna have to meet your writer, dude. Give him a medal or something. "Anyhow, 'bout the time the fighin' was done, I heard a voice outta nowhere, askin' where you were. Said her name was Max. " Jed saw the recognition in Luke's eyes. "Ah, you do know her." "Yeah." Luke puts in. "Good. I wasn't sure. Voices in the air ain't exactly known to be trustworthy things, ya know." Jed smirks. "Anyhow, so I tell her what I know an' she tells me to go out in the desert an wait for ya in the same place I saw that flash. Seems you did that same trick you did back in the graveyard, only it wasn't you that did it or something. I don't know. I didn't quite follow all that." Luke nods. "Yeah. Bad guy did that." "So, that's about it. Few minutes later, another big flashy thing comes and you fall outta the sky. I scooped you up brought you back here. Let ya sleep it off for a while." Luke's head, which had been taking in the scenerey, snapped back around. "A while? How long?" Jed shrugged. "Oh, I dunno, 2 or 3 days I guess." "WHAT!!!" Luke yells. Bolting up out of the small, surprizingly comfortable bed, he starts shuffling around trying to get himself ready to leave. "Oh, this is bad, this is bad, this is..." He stops short. "Duh. MAX!!! Wake me up! I need out!" He turns to Jed, who is surprizingly unruffled by the sudden commotion. "Jed. Thank you very much for taking care of me while I was out." "Yep. I'd a woke you up after a couple hours, but it really looked like you needed it. Looked like me sleepin' off a Wild Turkey bender." Luke pauses looking at him appreciatively. "Thank you. I really did need it." Then, shaking his head. "But I didn't really have the time. I was already too many steps behind hime. I gotta go." Jed gives him a nod. "MA-"

"-ax!" He blinks. He's back in the Dive Machine. Max is unhooking all the little straps and plugs. "Sorry that took so long. I haven't had to create a completely new exit on the fly like that before." Max is being appologetic. It must be as bad as he thought. As soon as she's done he jumps up and runs to the bathroom. Calling out over his shoulder, he says "I need a solo terminal." He can heare her shuffling around. "It's bad, Max. Real bad. He has too much power. Gonna take everything and rule like he's God or something." "Got it." Comes Max's voice after some more shuffling. After what seems like forever, he washes up and rushes to the little desk with what looks like and old PC. "Good. Is it linked in?" "Nope." Max says. "Stand alone. Figured he'd be able track you, I left out. Better finish whatever you're doing and drop it on him all at once." "Right you are, m'lady" He says. "So, I saw that you found him." She says, probingly. "Shh. More like he found me." He snorted. "So what did you learn?" Luke pauses and looks up at her.
"I need access."
"Great. Okay. I can get you-"
"No. I need access to everything."
"What? I can't g-"
"Nope."
Max blinks. "Then how-"
"Gonna make it."
"Wait. You don't mean..."
"Yup."
"Are you crazy? You can't do that!"
"Sure can. Watch me."
"No! There's no way I am going to let you do this. We'll both get caught, then they'll throw us in jail, then you get made someone's girlfriend, and THEN White Dragon will take over the whole grid and become his own little demigod. He'll win. No. You're not gonna do that."
"Relax. I'm not linked in, so I'm not traceable. And I'll go to the office and use Lester's terminal to upload."
"Wait QA Lester or VP Lester?"
"VP Lester."
"Great."
"Huh. Yeah. I just gotta be quick. We're so far behind the power curve here, it not funny."
K-Nine
Admin
Admin

Post  K-Nine on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:25 pm

"You know we will never get into the building much less into Lester's office" Max was getting into the driver side of her car. Luke is siting in the other seat almost bouncing out of the seat waiting for Max to settle in and start the car. "You do have a point; well than we will just have to go to his house and use his executive account from there." Max lets her head hit the wheel and sighs long and hard. "So now you want to break into Lester's home. Do you even know ware he lives?" Luke looks down at his feet the small car not giving him much room. He looks over at Max and he can feel a lump in his chest, his heart drops a little but he smiles anyway. "oh yes I know ware he lives; after I lost my job, I also lost my house remember the company built it for me back in the day." Max noted the far off look that Luke's eyes took on as he looked out the window of her car. "That was the greatest house ever a dream home for anybody that loved the TAMMORPG video medium." Max thought back to the few times she had been to the house and had to agree the house would be a super twinkie for any gamer.
"Didn't you have some kind of super security program made for that house." The smile was back as he turned to face her. "No I didn't have it made I made it myself and that will be our way in." Luke cleared his throat with a small cough. "Alright number two, second street on the right and strait on till meeker." Max started the car and waited. Luke let his right arm hangout the window and raised his left, he waited a heart beat then pointed forward. "Make it so."
Rahkn
Admin
Admin

Post  Rahkn on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:10 am

The car eases forward as Max merges onto the roadway. She didn't let her annoyance show by his Star Trek quotations and besides, being called number two made her feel like crap. Meanwhile, Luke is busying himself by watching the scenery go by through the window, lost in his thoughts. Max steals a glance in his direction, wondering what may be going through his mind. It has been years since he stepped foot in that house. We spent many nights discussing our futures in the company. Saul, Luke, Jules, Steve, and myself, we all had grand plans. Then Steve was promoted to VP and drifted away. It was shortly after that we started on Sacred Garden. It was innovative, edgy, and ahead of its time, but we were willing to make it work. Max turned left onto Meeker Ave. It was the beginning of the internet and no other software company was doing anything like this at the time, due to bandwidth problems, but our company eliminated those problems with its prototype ISP protocol which eliminated the need for a phone line to connect to the internet. We were working on the game until I went on Maternity Leave in May, 1999. And here is where I only know bits and pieces. Jules disappeared, the project was halted due to the disappearance of the prototype, Luke was fired for refusing to give any information on Jules, the game, and the prototype which lead to arguments between him and Saul. Come to think of it, they were always arguing about...

"The key," Max said out loud. Those words caused Luke to look at her, a wry grin appeared on his face.

"You finally figured it out, huh?" he said, smiling bigger now.
JAK
Admin
Admin

Post  JAK on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:30 am

Realization spreads across Max's face. "Yeah..." she says absently, recalling those last few months before she left and what little she caught while she was away. The key was supposed unlock a hidden element of the game. Sacred Garden was a massive undertaking. It was certainly a revolutionary leap in gaming, but there was more to it than anyone ever knew. ...Except the four of them.

"...No. " Max's eyebrows pinch together in confusion again. "I don't get it. Saul is after the key, so he doesn't have it. Steve fired you over it, so he doesn't have it. You didn't give it to him, so you don't have it.-" "Wha-?!" Luke interrupts. "Sorry, Luke, but you know you're not the strong-willed type." Luke's jaw drops, but he remains silent. She pauses to regain her train of thought and continues. "I wasn't even around when you guys actually made it, so I don't have it. Jules is missing, so she has to have it. But if she has it, and nobody can find her, then...How is this about that at all? " Luke drops his head, suddenly back in that dark place. "Well, actually..." [CRASH!!!] A flash of light and the squeal of tires in the background is the only warning that comes, and it comes too late.
K-Nine
Admin
Admin

Post  K-Nine on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:23 pm

Luke shakes his head; stars dance behind his eyes.  He opens his eyes and looks around to see what they hit.  Everything is dark he puts his hands out in front of him and feels something very hard inches from his face.  "Wha... ow my head Max you ok MAX."  There is no answer Luke feels around some more and finds that he is no longer sitting in the car.  "MAX!"  He begins to panic; he slide to the left to try and free himself from what ever rock and hard place he is stuck between.  He lies on his left side for a few second when he's eye start to pick up a small spot of light. Luke drags himself free from the rocks he woke between.  He's legs are not broken and the rest of his body feels bruised but not too bad.  He crawls closer to the light after a few feet he has room enough to stand.  The light is an opening he turns back to see ware he had been stuck but all he sees is a large open cave. "What in the world is going on?  At the opening of the cave Luke is facing a vast valley, He can see animals running on the valley floor.  "Hey those look like tiger-birds, But that is not possible they were made for sacred garden."  Luke shakes his head again trying to clear it.  "If they are down there then either I am dead or I am in....

Luke opens his eyes and the first thing he sees is the blurry face of Max yelling at him.  "What just happened!"  Max's face is pale and her hands are shaking. "I don't Umm..?" What do you think just happened?"  Max stares at him she breaths in and out deeply a few times to calm her self down.  "Well we hit something"  "You hit something I was just sitting here."  "OK I hit something we rolled the car."  Luke gives her a look and Max corrects herself before he can open his mouth. "Then I woke up and you were shaking like you were being electrocuted." "What did you hit?" "I don't know my mind was on other things."  Luke flexes and stretches his muscles.  "Well I don't think anything is broken if your up to it lets go see what you cot."  After some creative twisting both Max and Luke extricate themselves from the car.  They walk back up to the road and see a small dark lump on the road.  They walk up to it; Max jumps as the small thing no more than 14" long rolls over.  Luke is at the small things side in seconds.  "Max this is the real world right."  "Don't be stupid of course it is Why."  "Well because you just ran over Jed."

Last edited by K-Nine on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rahkn
Admin
Admin

Post  Rahkn on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:33 am

"This is really bad, Max!" Luke calls out over his shoulder, "Saul has gained access to the Master Control and he is exploiting that and the gate controls to merge the real world and the fake one together." Max stares at Luke in shock and disbelief. It took a good minute to recover as she watched Luke pick up the lifeless corpse of Jed off the roadway. "What?!? Why?!?" Luke moves over to the curb and lays Jed down in the grass. "I have three theories, but one is the most likely." A few seconds pass in silence. "Care to share your theory?" she asks in exasperation. "In a minute." Luke says, as he is hunched over Jed. Looking at his body, Luke notices his chest faintly rising and falling. "Jed is barely alive," he announced. Luke, thinking quickly, snapped his fingers in the air and an ice blast shot out of his hand. "What the...!?!" Max exclaimed in surprise. "Just as I thought." mumbles Luke and he claps his palms together and shouts, "RECOVER!" Instantly, a white light shoots out of the ground and surrounds Jed and then disappears into his chest. A second later, Jed jumps up off the ground, gasping for air and coughing from getting too much. Jed also grew four feet making his height almost that of an adult, but it made him look like an awkward teenager. Luke pats Jed on the back, "Take it easy for a minute."

Max is standing on the street, in front of her wrecked car, immobilized in fear, panic, and shock. Her logic centers in her brain are misfiring at the scenario being played out in front of her. The combining of reality and fantasy were making tsunamis of misinformation in her head, that she couldn't make sense of the world around her. She was even unaware of Luke shouting her name until he slapped her out of her daze. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!" she screamed at him. "Sorry," he mumbled in reply, "but I need you here now, and I know that this is a lot to take in at once, but I need your help if we are to stand a chance against the new elements out here. The longer we take, the more damage is going to happen, so we need to be quick." Luke opens his right hand, palm facing up. A bunch of code swirls around above his hand and gradually forms into a sword. "It is dangerous to go alone. Take this." Max rolls her eyes at yet another geek reference and grabs the sword. Immediately, she feels stronger than before and the words "Warrior (Tank class)" are above her head. "What is this? I have never played an MMORPG before." she says, looking at the words above her head. "Well, I thought it appropriate to create a party since the MMO world is merging and every party needs a meat shield." he says cautiously. "I don't want to be the meat shield. Why can't you do it?" she asks. "Well, my class is already decided for me, Wizard, damage dealer, but for now, I will play healer until we get to Lester's house." he explains. "Okay, but what about Jed?" she points out. "Jed is a damage dealer as a rouge/gunner combo and I already set him up in West World. My options were limited." Max sighs. "I hate being forced into things." Luke shakes his head. "We are stuck in this together. Let's make the most of it."

"Okay, now what about your theory?" Max asks with a pointed look. Luke sighs heavily, as the trip down memory lane was painful. "We have to start at the beginning, during the development phase of the Sacred Garden project. You know it was to be a massive, immersive world in which the player could interact with everything and the AI changes with the players, right?" Max pinches the bridge of her nose with her right thumb and index finger. "Yeah, what's your point?" "My point is that it was to use VR technology to give the players an experience like they never had before." Max gasped in surprise. "Then," she said slowly, "The dive chairs..." She clasps her left hand to her mouth. "Yes, those were the prototypes. It was to be completely immersive. A world within a world. Our dream turned nightmare." his voice went darker as he continues his speech, "We worked tirelessly for years. Saul and I completed the dive code. Then the three of us started to build the world from within. Jules took care of the visuals. Saul was in charge of characters. And I was in charge of parameters. Those were the good days. We laughed, joked around, talked about life...it seems like it was yesterday. *sigh* But you know me and my bullheadedness. Saul and I were rivals in all that we did and in trying to outdo each other, we created the ultimate bad guy. A self-aware AI, a demon, the end boss of the game. Oh, don't worry, we installed parameters that prevented him from hurting us or anyone, but what we didn't know was that he was watching us create the world and he was learning how to code. Granted, he could only manipulate was we had created, but you can see what damage that could cause. We were so blind to it all, thinking that we were more powerful and could stop whatever he was going to do, but near completion, he overrode his own parameters by hacking the Master Code in the game. By not supervising his parameters, which was my job, I endangered our new world. He converted the NPCs and manipulated the monsters to his whim. But thankfully, he wasn't all that powerful yet, and Jules managed to seal him off, but at a very high cost. Saul then sealed off the game servers from the rest of the system and effectively shut down the project while I did nothing. I was fired the next day and Saul quit. Sacred Garden though could not be deleted and Steven didn't understand why the project was stopped. Steven demanded to know because he spend millions on marketing and promotions for the game, but all he was told was that there was a glitch in the matrix, so to speak, and the project had to be canceled. My guess is that 13 years later, a new breed of coders investigated Sacred Garden on Steven's behalf and found the game unfinished, but unbroken. That is why he started the project back up. Saul somehow found out and tried to stop him, but probably had to jump in game to stop the new coders. But the demon probably broke free of his prison and through the years learned how to possess code, and used Saul to help him escape and take revenge."

Max gasped again at the new information. "You mean that Saul isn't Saul, but the demon." Luke stared ahead and smirked a little. "I guess you could say that he is possessed." Max groans. "But why are we going to Lester's house?" "Remember the key?" Luke asked. "Yeah..." Max replied annoyed. "The key isn't an object, but a person." Luke said with a sly grin. Max took a few seconds to process the information then gasped for a third time. "Jules is the key." "That's right!" Luke says, jumping up and down, clapping in mock joy. "Ugh," came a sound from below them, "wha happened?" The noise startled them both and they focused their attention on Jed, who finally started to wake up to his surroundings. "I think we've stayed here long enough, we better get moving." Luke walked back over to Jed. "Can you walk?" Jed slowly stands up, with some help from Luke and takes a couple of steps. "I think I'll be fine." "Good," says Max, "'Cause we have a welcoming committee." As she finishes her sentence, a pack of enemies rush up toward the group.
JAK
Admin
Admin

Post  JAK on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Luke spins in a quick circle, scanning to see how many of them there are. It's just the one group. "Three goblins, two wolves, and a wraith. This shouldn't be to bad of a warm up you guys. Ready? " "Ready! "Jed shoots up and starts for the incoming monsters. He makes it two and a half steps before falling over sideways. "Uh... I don't think he's ready." Max muses. Luke sighs, shaking his head. "How 'bout you, Max? You gonna faint too?" Luke says as he sets himself to leap into the fray. "No." [Clink clink wrrrrrrr] "I'm good." Luke looks over his shoulder at Max, now covered in a heavy, shiny, silver armor and holding a Gatlin gun. 'She's obviously going to pick up this tank girl thing quickly. Good call, Mr. Wizard.' He thinks to himself. "You get the ankle-biters. I'll take the wraith." He says as he leaps a good 50 feet into the air toward the enemy. Max takes up a running charge, guns blazing. At the first sound of gun fire, the band of baddies fans out. The wolves dart out to either side to flank her and disappear into the brush. One of the goblins goes down quickly, a perforated line appearing across its chest. The other two move into a hunched lope and slow down to minimize their visibility. But goblins are stupid and don't think to stop whooping and growling. Max easily finds them and mows down everything within a 20 foot radius of the noisy goblins. "K. Three down...aaaaannd..." A snap to the right alerts her just in time to see a huge shadowy wolf flying at her. She catches it with her gauntleted left hand as she spins around, shoves the Gatlin gun into its abdomen, and pulls the trigger, atomizing her would be assailant. When she lets go of the trigger again there is only silence.

Luke sails across the little field, quickly closing the gap between him and the wraith. "Wraith cloak", he whispers. When he touches down directly in front of his waiting opponent, he looks just like it. They both just stand there for a moment assessing each other. The wraith cracks its crusty mouth open to breath the word "Diiiiiieeee...." And slowly drifts forward raising a hand. Luke disappears with a [FOOP] and reappears behind it with a curved, jagged blade in his hand. He buries the blade completely in the monster's back. And steps back, waiting. The wraith stops, pauses for a moment, and says "Oooooohhhh!!" It slowly turns around and aims is hooded face at Luke. Then it's eyes light up with an eerie pale green fire. An ethereal wind suddenly rips at the cloaks that both of them wear. "Good. Almost there." Luke whispers to himself. He takes another step backward and spins drawing a perfect circle with the toe of his Converse All Stars. He spreads his arms and legs wide and leans into a huge clap. A shockwave pulses out knocking down all of the vegetation in the area. A brief sound of gun fire. "Your welcome!" Luke yells. The wraith, unaffected by the blast, bumps up against the invisible forcefield that he had made with his circle. The wraith makes a breathless growl and disappears. Luke also disappears. While they're both out of phase, Luke makes his move. He reaches out to the wraith and pulls it over to where he is. Then he slips his shoes off and jumps to the other side of the barrier. They simultaneously reappear having traded places. The wraith, still growling, reaches out trying to grab Luke by the throat and again runs into the forcefield. An expression something like realization dawns on the glowing, shadowy face of the creature. It was trapped. Luke chuckles and turns away to regroup with the others. "Kids. Lol."
K-Nine
Admin
Admin

Post  K-Nine on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:13 am

Jed leans against the crumpled car Max with her hand on his shoulder they both stare at Luke as he walks up to them. “What?” it’s not Luke that they stare at but the wraith behind him. “It’s ok a wraith can’t break out of a light barrier. So Jed you are starting to look better. Do you remember how you got here? What is the last thing you remember?” Jed stands straighter as his first few words falter. “ I was… I was standing in the town square. The storm that wasn’t a storm was coming down and the whole world blinked.” “Are you shore that the barrier will hold?” Max has not taken her eyes off of the wraith. She steps past Luke as the two talk. “Yes Max I’m…” Luke turns irritated with her lack of trust. He stops when he sees the wraith again. It has stopped trying to break through the shield and if it can it is sitting still in the middle of the shield. “Is that thing growing?” Max points at the wraith as it indeed continues to grow larger. Jed moves up to stand next to Max. “Uh Mr. Wizard.” Luke walks up to the barrier and reaches out a hand to it. He smiles to himself “clever little thing aren’t you.” Luke snaps his hand out looks down at his hands as his eye go wide, he snaps out his hand a few more times with nothing happening.
“Run Fly you fools.” Luke starts to sprint down the road past Jed and Max. Yelling after Luke they both start to run. Max and Jed are in much better shape than Luke and reach him in seconds. Through heavy breaths Max tries to get answers. “What you we running for?” “Twinkies!” “ I don’t have any Twinkies.” Luke is already breathing heavy by the time they reach the corner of the street. Luke stops running and looks back at the wraith it has grown to the point of pushing on the edges of the barrier. Luke rubs his temples. “I need twinkies, Max we need to try something is there a store around here?” “Yeah down the next street.” Luke begins to run again. “What is a Twinkie?” Jed is not out of breath but he still looks like he is running low on energy. “Well for us it is a sweet treat made of empty calories, for you it is a Wizard tool that allows people like him” Pointing at Luke’s back “to change things in your world.” Max side is on fire by the time they reach the store Luke looks like he may be on the verge of having a heart attack. His eyes are wide and he breathes with a heavy wheeze.
He doesn’t wait long before entering the store walking as fast as he can down the aisles. “Ok what is going on?” Max temper is at the breaking point, Luke wheels on her. “I told you I have three theories about what is going on the first is that two worlds are becoming one.” Luke takes a deep breath as he starts down the next aisle. “ The second is this is all in my head Saul has us trapped in the VR world and our brains are building a new world.” Luke lets out a long sigh as he comes to a stop in front of the hostess shelves. He grabs down a box and rips it open, he pulls out a small golden miracle. “Oh thank God.” He opens the Twinkie and holds belly up in his hand he touches it and a line of code reaches out and raps around his index finger. The three jump as a bomb goes off some place outside. “Grab as many boxes as you can.” Luke takes a hand full and heads to the registers. “He’s out and if I’m right there will be more wraiths now.” The lady finishes ringing up all twelve boxes, Luke swipes his card and nothing happens, he tries again and again. “No NO NO the merging is moving faster than I thought it has started to effect electronics.” Max takes the card from Luke shakes her head at him ,than she flips the card over and swipes it again. “the strip has to go down.” “RIGHT, but to test my theory real quick , miss can you see this?” Look pulls out his Twinkie again and shows the cashier the code coming out of it. The young women screams. “What is that!?”
“Hmm on second thought that really does not prove much, because if the worlds are merging you would be able to see it, if we are trapped in a new game and you are a NPC you would be able to see it as well. But it does prove I am most likely not losing my mind.. so that’s something”. Luke hands each of them a twinkie to eat as he shoves one in his mouth too. As if on que three wraiths the size a giant break through the front of the store and all three feel themselves shift in to attack mode.
Max pulls her sword out and runs to meet the creatures. She swings at the first cutting it in half but gets back handed by the second and goes flying over a mass of shelving. Her sword lands at Jed’s feet. Luke works with a twinkie trying to make up a weapon for Jed. He looks up as the over sized six shooter forms in his hands to see Jed running in to the fight holding Max’s sword. Luke cringes he knows the out come, Jed is from a wild west game he needs a gun to do damage he prays that the kid can take a hit because he is about to… Cut down the other two wraiths. Luke’s jaw hangs loose as Jed runs in and spins with the large sword, he cuts up using his spin to gain force he jumps into the slice and spins once more bring the blade down on to the third wraith cutting through both clean. Jed stands over the three wraiths as their bodies fade out. Max limps around the corner and looks out over the scene. “Did he just?” “Yeah” “With my?” “Yeah” Max and Luke look from each other to Jed. “Well it does kind of make sense.” Luke looks back to Max as she speaks. “If the worlds are mixing then this world will change his is well. Here you are not born one thing as we grow we get to find the thing we are best at we create our own path. I bet that coming to this world has broken much of his restrictive programing.” Luke nods in agreement “That would explain the massive gun you pulled out in our first fight as well, you didn’t really want to be a meat shield so on instinct you reacted in the most fitting way to match who you are. “So the question is; what is Jed?” Luke smiles at Max “Oh that’s easy.” Max smile drops when she sees Luke’s grin “No Luke don’t say it I don’t know what ye..” “HE’S A REAL BOY! Mr. Gepetto”
JAK
Admin
Admin

Post  JAK on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 pm

"Whoooo-dawgy!", says Jed, "That felt...amazing!" Max and Luke watch him as he gives the sword a couple test swings and a flourish. "Hey, Mr. Wizard. You think you could whip up one'a these things for me?" He moves to hand it back to Max, but she waves him off. "Keep it. I think I'd rather have that." Nodding at the nearly formed hand cannon dangling from Luke's hand. Luke looks down. "This... but..." he stammers, still recovering from the jaw-drop. "Yeah. Y...yeah!" A grin slowly spreads across his face as he raises the gun to finish it. Several strings of code rush over it in a swirl. Light steaks across it as the color of the metal changes from a dull charcoal to a brilliant gold. The barrel shrinks just a bit, then (Bloop!) another barrel pops out of it. Double barrel. (Bloop!) Again. (Bloop!) Again. (Bloop!) Again until it becomes a golden, seven barrel, gatling pistol. Luke whips his other hand out to the side. In it appears a magazine clip, black with gold trim. He swings both arms straight out in front of him shoving the clip into the pistol grip, then raises the it up to reveal the bottom of the clip to the others. A golden infinity symbol gleams promisingly. The wonder in Max's eyes is most satisfying as Luke spins the pistol around to present it to her. "YES!" She nearly growls in victory. "Say! That's right nice. Suits ya, i think. If ya don't mind my saying so, ma'am." Jed pays her the compliment, then catches sight of the store clerk. "Uh-oh." Max and Luke snap their heads around to spot the middle aged woman with a massive shotgun shaking badly in her hands. The crazed look in her eyes says it all. She is WAY beyond her limits. Luke takes the lead. "So, uh... yyeah. We'll just be going now. If you don't mind. I'm very sorry about the mess. Mmmm...." He starts to move slowly toward the door. The other two follow suit. The only sound is that of chips and broken glass crunching under their feet. The clerk keeps her shotgun trained on Luke until he gets to where the doors used to be. (Click-click) Everybody stops at the sound of the cocking of the shotgun. "Y- you... You owe me. F-F-for the mess. You wrecked my store. You owe me." Max leans toward Luke and whispers, "She's right. This is gonna be a nightmare to clean up. She'll lose a lot of money over it. Do something." Luke brightens up and looks back at the clerk. "You know, you're right. With things being the way they are, i can see that these coming days are going to be quite the trial for you. How can I m-" "Upgrade!", the woman interrupts. Luke stumbles, "Huh?" "Like her. The gun. I want an upgrade." Luke, catching up, grins in understanding. "Ah. I like the way you think, miss....Etta, is it?" "Short for Henrietta." She blurts. "Awesome." Luke slowly moves toward the counter. "Now. For the damages..." he holds his hand palm down over the counter. Fat, golden coins clink down from his hand until he guesses there's about 20 pounds worth laying in a small pile. He looks up at Etta. "Your gun... what kind of upgrade would you like?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:24 am